We believe housing should be for those who live, work and pay taxes, regardless of citizenship.
We believe everyone deserves the safety and security of a door and roof.
We believe housing is a fundamental right, not a commodity.
- Affordable housing reconnecting housing costs to income
- Implement 1:1 ratio of market vs non market housing
- Zone new developments for at least 50% purpose built rentals
- Improve housing security by preventing demovictions and renovictions
- Celebrate and protect heritage buildings
- Improve community amenities financed with transparent funding for projects
- Amend short terms rental (eg. Airbnb) bylaws to protect long-term housing stock and to address legal and safety concerns
- Rent control legislation for municipalities
- Land use based zoning for transportation corridors to stop land banking and increase transit accessibility
- Taxation models crediting time lived here to avoid speculative global investor abuse